Friday, November 26, 2010

I think I'm turning JAPANESE...I really think so..!

Sorry for the long delay between post, I've been really lazy. So I decided to combine all eating adventures into one huge blog.....also I ate at heaps of Japanese restaurants, hence the title!!

Here we go~!

KODORI - Teppenyaki Ramen Tempura

Place: Broadway Shopping Centre, 1 Bay Street, Broadway NSW 2007

This was more a fusion korean/japanese takeaway place. You can order meals like bimbimbap, jap che or ramen and teppenyaki.
Prices are relaticely cheap around $12ish

This their version of katsudon, instead of the traditional soup stock and egg on top they have this seaseme seed sauce. I'm not quite sure what kind of sauce it was but it did have a hell of alot seaseme seeds which was a bit too much. Made it taste funny but each to there own!!
I would like to go back an try there other meals...looks quite interesting


MAKI MAKI

Place: along Broadway st

Japanese restaurant, i suspect run by koreans, judging from the constant kpop playing in the bakground.

I really like this place, mostly because of the set menus you can get for really cheap. the set menus consist of a meal with your normal rice or noodle dish and a plate of sushi of your choice. I
Prices are really good for what you get: you can choose from $10, $15, $20 and $25, depending on the type of meal you get.

I got the eel dish with the eel such which also has avocado and a tempura prawn inside. (notice the big wooden spoon hahah)




This is the salmon dish and I forgot to take a picture of the sushi that came with it sorry!!



The dishes were really big, I don't know if you can see it but eel and salmon serving was huge!!
I really recommend this especially for hungry uni people who are looking for good food close by.

I'll update again later .....happy eating!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Suggestions? Queries? Likes? Dislikes? Food Challenges? what's on your mind?