Monday, October 11, 2010

WOOLWORTHS is wonderful: $1 produce sales

$1 PRODUCE SALE!!!!
So I went to woolworths (supermarket) and over the PA i hear... "Good Afternoon Customers, woolworths is currently holding a fresh produce sale. Any of the selected fruits and veggies on our sales trolley for only one dollar a bag."
*runs to fruit and veg section*


MUSHROOMS!!! AHHHHHH... twas amazing... anything you can fit in a bag for only $1!!! I got potatoes and mushrooms and corn and broccoli and mushrooms and sweet potato and mushrooms... I got alot of mushrooms >< HAHAHA
See below...





the trolley with all the ladies fighting it out....
one of my goodie bags :)
MUSHROOMS normally $10 a kilo!!! I got it for $1!!!

Some of the outcomes of my fresh produce bargain buy =]
steak, stuffed mushrooms and mushy peas!!! Recipe in next blog!

1 comment:

  1. Hello! Love your blog guys :)

    I'm wondering if there is some way I could get in contact with 'Chai'? Email or phone is good. I'm writing a news story for an assessment for my Master of Health Communication - and I have seen this $1 bag produce sale at woolies. I would like to investigate more into this for the article.

    Please let me know if I can have a chat :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Suggestions? Queries? Likes? Dislikes? Food Challenges? what's on your mind?