Monday, December 6, 2010

Burger patty making for dummies!

Since I'm still on the topic of burgers I'm going to show you a swift patty making recipe my brother taught me a couple of months back! I grew up in such a food family environment as my mum is a crazy cook/ cook-addict, unfortunately.. The cooking talent wasn't blessed and passed down to me.. instead.. it went to my brother. So this comes in pretty handy when the mum isn't around to nurture my stomach! :)

I didn't use any measurements (nor did I take a picture of all the steps because sometimes I'm such a fatty that I forget to take pictures in between periods, and also because I don't think you can go wrong with this). The ingredients are simply - mince beef, breadcrumbs, egg whites, and any herbs and spices to your liking! Use your guts, if it's too runny.. Put more breadcrumbs, if it's too thick, pour more egg whites. Sometimes I see my mum put her finger in the mixture of raw mince meat and lightly taste it.. But I think this is gross.


Here's our meat.


Shape it into a patty shape - or you can get creative!


Ahh.. Doesn't it look so much prettier and edible now... :-)


Bread.. Wholemeal, because we're such healthy chaps ;-)
I put it in the toaster to add some crunch!


And lastly.. Sauce! Who could live without sauce! I personally love smoky BBQ!


End product - with cheese. I put the cheese on too late so it didn't melt properly :-( And I think I may have slightly burnt it. Like I said.. I'm no great cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Suggestions? Queries? Likes? Dislikes? Food Challenges? what's on your mind?