Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Bourke Street Bakery

Bakery: Bourke Street Bakery
Location: 633 Cnr Bourke St and Devonshire, Surry Hills
Overall Rating: 9.5


I assure you that you have never tasted tarts until you've tasted Bourke Street Bakery's tarts! These amazing little drops of baked heaven goodness can put me in a state of temporary insanity. I would definitely say they are quite pricey at the price of $4 each (they are not that big), but every little bite of it is worth every penny. I'm not even usually a big fan of tarts!

I didn't personally go there myself (unfortunately), but my family were nice enough to bring back enough for me to die from a food comma. There were three flavours brought back: chocolate strawberry, vanilla, and rhubarb. Apart from the amazing flavours, the tart layer was soooooo unbelievably crispy!


This is the vanilla tart, which is to DIE for! It was like a vanilla tart and creme brulee in one! Because that top bit was actually blow torched creme brulee style, so you can crack the top and eat it!


The chocolate one had a milo-like flavor to it and chunky strawberry pieces. The rhubarb flavour I wasn't a big fan of.. (I don't like rhubarb to begin with). But it still tasted nice! It was definitely my mum's favorite, which is exactly why she brought back two.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Suggestions? Queries? Likes? Dislikes? Food Challenges? what's on your mind?