Thursday, September 30, 2010

Smoked salmon fettuccine



This recipe I actually found in a Woolworths catalogue. Probably wondering why I was looking at it in the first place.
Well for me personally, I don't know about the other girls, but I actually like looking through the sales that come in the mail, even if I have no intention of buying anything...YOU WILL NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU MAY FIND!


Anyways, it looked tasteful and easy enough to prepare, so I decided to give it a try.
NOTE: this recipe serves 2, so just increase(like what I did) to suit how many you will be serving :)

YOU WILL NEED:
  • 250 mL Philadelphia Cream for Cooking(it's new :D)

  • 150g Huon Premium Tasmanian salmon, flaked(since this product is pretty expensive, I just used canned salmon as an alternative)
  • 375g Latina fettuccine, cooked and drained(again alternatively you can just buy the raw pasta and cook it then)

  • 1tbs butter
  • 3 spring onions, sliced
  • 1tbs baby capers(I actually didn't know what a caper was till now xD)
  • 50g baby spinach
Steps to make it:
1. Saute spring onions in butter for 2-3 minutes. Stir in the spinach, capers and cream and simmer for 2 minutes.
2. Toss through the salmon and pasta and serve immediately.

HANDY TIPS PAST DOWN FROM MY OWN MOTHER :)
  1. when cooking pasta, cook it in a bigger pot. Ratio of water:pasta is 2:1
  2. cook the vegetables first but instead of simmering with the cream straight, place vegetables into bowl temporary, simmer cream and add the pasta. Stir through. When pasta completely covered, add the vegetables. This is so that the cream doesn't get any added water the vegetables may produce AND the vegetables won't be overcooked :)
Pretty simple right?

A fresh, healthy pasta to enjoy this summer :D



P.S you can always be creative and add more things :) mum asked if we could add some mushrooms hehehe

1 comment:

  1. This recipe is actually out of a Coles Catalogue.

    Coles Supermarkets released the FREE $10 Combo Catalogue last year as a promo.

    If I recall there was some controversy as some people claimed that recipes were not $10 recipes at all and infact worked out to be alot more expensive.

    My opinion - If you have all the basics for cooking then the recipes are very cheap.

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Suggestions? Queries? Likes? Dislikes? Food Challenges? what's on your mind?