Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Home cooking: Mushrooms

I think I've left this update on hiatus for far too long (3 weeks?). Reason is that I've been preoccupied with work and uni work, but never fear.. Food is always strolling with me wherever I go and whatever I do! :-)

So I think the first time I've eaten deep fried mushrooms would be many years ago in Chai's house where we had one of those crazy feasts! And she was all like "omg I'll cook you guys some deep fried onions and mushrooms, we just got a new deep fryer and so I've been deep frying everything and it's so lovely and crispy and lovely and crispy and did I mention lovely? omg!" (emphasis on the tone of excitement - nah not really.. she really talks like this. That sentence within 2.5 seconds, I'm not even joking - much love chai ;D)

Anyways! So years down the track I've been spending money on these goodies from either Outback Steakhouse or Chicken King in Woodcroft, until recently when Raymond went mushroom crazy in Woollworths due to a sale. of course. A year supply of mushrooms and a limited talent for cooking? = deep fried mushrooms. I don't even remember much on the recipe for this to be honest. You dip the mushroom in egg white, and then cover it with a mixture of potato flour, salt, pepper, chilli powder - anything really? And then pop it off in the fryer - easy!


Fried Shroom

Insides

Insides


Note: Use of a variety of sauces is heavenly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Suggestions? Queries? Likes? Dislikes? Food Challenges? what's on your mind?