Saturday, August 14, 2010

Cafe review: Nina edition. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day!

So I've been technologically challenged of late - my loyal iMac of 4 years crashed on me, my cameras were either not working, charger is missing, or borrowed for months by my dad, even my TV wasn't plugged in.. for months. But things are starting to change and I've got my camera back! So alas - my first post in Wanna-Spoon!
Anyways to get to the main point, I'm not usually a big breakfast person but today only seemed appropriate. I work in the QVB building so I've walked past the numerous cafes within the building and never actually sat in one.
We went to the Jet Cafe Bar located in the corner exit of QVB that faces Druit St.

Cafe: Jet Cafe Bar
Location: Queen Victoria Bldg, Level Ground, Shop 55, Druit St
Price range: $15-$20
Overall Rating: 5.5

The vegetarian omelette. And the inside of the omelette!Vegetarian omelette


Insides


Eggs and sausages
Eggs and sausages


Eggs and bacon
Eggs and bacon


My rating seems a little harsh, and although I'm no breakfast guru, the taste of my omelette was moderate... Toasted turkish bread is always good - we did a combination of butter and strawberry jam and I think that was the highlight of my breakfast. I just never really know what constitutes as a very delicious breakfast - they're always just eggs and a variety of meat? Perhaps I should try their lunch menu next time! But I guess this place is worth a try if you want to relax for a while, get away from the harsh cold of winter, and they were very comfortable seats - if you get the cushion side. The coffee was good! :)
In the next few weeks I'm going to try circulate all the cafes within the QVB building during my lunch breaks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Suggestions? Queries? Likes? Dislikes? Food Challenges? what's on your mind?