Monday, August 16, 2010

Restaurant Review: 3one7 (Chai. edition)


Restaurant: 3one7
Location: 317 Church St, Parramatta, NSW
Introduced to me by: Karam and Naomi =]
Price Range: Starters: $5-20 Mains: $12 - $30 Desserts: $10
Link: http://www.3one7.com.au/


Overall Rating: 7.5


Honestly, I believe I'm a tough critic when it comes to food, so this rating is actually quite high.


I base this review solely on my own personal experience of this restaurant. Nina was there too and she probs has a different view. :)


So a couple of Saturday's ago I went there for lunch with the girls from highschool. =] The company was amazing and the restaurant was alright.
Portion sizes were generally worth their price. 


We all shared food (best idea ever. I suggest everyone does this more often) and from the menu I was able to try; 
Bruchetta Pizza, Garlic and Cheese Pizza, Chicken 3one7,  Pesto Chicken Risotto, Pumpkin and crab Soup, Seeded Mustard Chicken, Veal Mushroom and Prawn, Garlic Chicken, Salt and Pepper Squid.


Highlights: 
Pesto Chicken Risotto was AMAZING. That dish alone brought the rating from the originally contemplated 7 for food ranking, to 8. Though very green, it was very rich, thick and creamy. My personal preference in risotto. 
Pumpkin and Crab soup was also quite nice. Not to bland and a nice, hearty texture.
Chicken 3one7 is a tough one. The accompanying sauce and combination of ingredients was drool worthy, however the chicken itself was a tad dry and the potatoes lacklustre. 


Lowlights: 
Salt and Pepper Squid (SAPS).... why did they add it to their menu. If you're going to offer SAPS on your menu, you have to get it right!!! This SAPS... was not right. I'm very passionate about my SAPS... let's leave it at that.
Some of their vegetables were slightly overcooked or dehydrated.


Other than that, my dining experience was pretty good. 
Below are some blurry photos taken from Nina's phone.
Enjoy. =]
Garlic and Cheese Pizza


Bruchetta Pizza

Chicken 3one7

Pesto Chicken Risotto =]

Seeded Mustard Chicken

Garlic Chicken

Veal mushroom and Prawn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Suggestions? Queries? Likes? Dislikes? Food Challenges? what's on your mind?